For answers to questions you may have about Shade4Schools, please kindly select the category and question you have. Should we not have covered a question you have, please do not hesitate to contact us, and we will gladly assist.
1. What is Shade4Schools Fundraising made easier program?
2. What makes Shade4Schools Fundraising different?
3. How does Shade4Schools help schools to fundraise?
4. How does a school/organization access the templates?
5. Does Shade4Schools sell Shade Structures?
Shade Structure questions
1. How are Shade4Schools Shade Structures different?
2. Does Shade4Schools sell ‘direct-from-factory’?
3. How safe are the shade structures for children?
4. How does one know what type of structure to order?
5. How does one determine ‘entry height’ on a structure?
6. What is ‘peak height’ on a structure?
7. What are the different types of structures available?
8. Explain the UV protection claim on our structures?
9. Are our structures cooler underneath compared to other structures?
10. How are the steel structures manufactured?
11. What type of fabric is used on the top of shade structure?
12. Is the shade netting fire resistant?
13. How sturdy are our structures?
14. How are shade structures anchored in the ground?
15. Are the shade structures water proof?
16. Is the entire shade structure warranted?
17. What colors are available?
1. Does Shade4Schools install the shade structures?
2. What assistance is given for schools to install their own shade structures?
3. How will the structures be shipped?
4. What is included in the shade structure kit?
5. What else is required to purchase to complete the installation?
6. What equipment is needed for installing shade structures?
7. Does installation of the shade structures require a building permit?
8. What is the estimated installation time on an average size structure?
1. What maintenance is required for shade structures?
2. How does one clean the shade top?
3. What does it mean that the shade netting is fade resistant?
4. What is the difference between shade netting and canvas?
5. What is the risk of vandalism to the shade structures?
Shade4Schools Fundraising program is a method of fundraising that enables your school/organization to sell ‘shade’ as the product allowing you to raise funds to purchase shade structures one foot at a time.
This method’s main difference is a much shorter timeline of fundraising as funds are raised $ for $ with direct return on effort. No start-up costs are required, no inventory as compared to traditional fundraising. All funds that are collected go directly to purchase the much needed shade structure for your school.
Shade4Schools assists schools with all aspects of the fundraiser, and accessing the right structure for your school, from planning to purchase and installation we are with you all the way.
Simply complete our online form which will enable you to download our materials, further assistance with our password protected site will allow you to return to our site for continual use of fundraising materials.
Yes, our factory is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, where our shade structures are manufactured and distributed throughout the Untied States.
Shade Structure questions
Shade4Schools structures are designed and engineered exclusively for schools. After many years of responding to the needs of schools we have developed a full line of models that cater to school shade requirements. Additionally, our factory is equipped with a steel fabrication facility, powder coating and architectural membrane sewing department, operated by a team of professionals with many years of fabricating experience.
Yes, Shade4Schools structures are manufactured by Trico-USA’s factory in San Antonio, and then shipped directly from our facility direct to your school/organization. There are no intermediaries to mark-up our products thus you get the benefit of discounted pricing.
Our shade structures are fully engineered to withstand winds from 90-140 miles per hour, thus making them extremely safe for children.
Each application e.g. bleachers, or playground equipment covers are different, however, the following “footprints” are the typical shapes of our structures;
Super Structures are typically to cover large rectangular area such as basketball courts, large playground equipment, swimming pools and volleyball courts.
Entry height is the distance from the ground to the lowest point of the canopy at the top of the column.
The peak height is the highest point on the structure from the ground up.
Our “footprints” are; Square, Rectangular, Triangular, Hexagonal and Octagonal
Our roof designs are typically pyramids and hip roofs.
The shade netting is manufactured using UV stabilized polyethylene; the stabilizing factor is created by adding UV additives to the polyethylene pellets during the extrusion process.
Yes, definitely, our shade structures are at least 15 degrees cooler underneath compared to conventional steel roofed structures in warm to hot areas.
Our structures are made utilizing heavy steel frames which are extremely durable and meet applicable ASTM standards.
The fabric used in our structures is made from Ultra violet stabilized high density polyethylene, constructed with monofilament and tape lock-stitch knitting process. We warranty the shade netting for 10 years against rotting, mildew and fading.
Our shade netting has a class a fire rating. Fabric is manufactured in accordance with National Fire Protection Agency NFPA 701-99 flame resistant test and ASTM E-84.
Our steel structures are produced to withstand 90-140 miles per hour depending on local requirements.
Columns are embedded in concrete either by directly in the ground or bolted to concrete piers per engineered designs.
No, they are not water proof, but shade structures are 85% water repellent, this is due to the tight-stitching characteristic of our fabric and the slant factor of the top.
Steel – warranted for 20 years
Shade netting – warranted for 10 years
Our tops come in a variety of 13 colors, see color chart on Features and Specifications page.
To ensure prompt delivery of your shade structure please order your structure 6 weeks prior to your Fundraiser completion date.
Delivery time is 6 weeks from time of order.
If you are a tax exempt organization please supply a current qualifying tax exempt form.
Shade4Schools provide complete installation instructions for your construction prone PTA/PTO members, school maintenance employees or a local contractor. In special needs situations, we are able to provide expert supervision using your labor. This is how we are able to offer a direct from factory discounted price so your organization can get more value from your fundraiser.
Your shade structure kit comes with a comprehensive set of installation instructions, our step-by-step guide makes it easy for facility managers, building contractors, volunteering Parents to follow and install shade structures.
Structures are shipped from our San Antonio factory directly to you.
All components of the shade structure are included in your kit, except the installation materials. However a full list of items and equipment required is outlined in your installation manual.
The Shade Structure Installation manual we provide will give you a complete list of requirements. However we will outline a few points to assist your question.
Depending on the amount of posts of the shade structure you order, the following includes materials you will need.
– Ready to mix 3000 PSI concrete approximately 5-6 bags per post
– (4) pieces of wire mesh 18’ x 4’ (depends on hold size) or specified rebar cages
– (2) 5’ long 2 x 4 studs and other scrap lumber for bracing posts while concrete sets
A full list of equipment is outlined in the Shade Structure installation manual, however we will outline a few points to assist your question.
– chalk line and marker
– 25’ or longer tape measure
– 9/16” x ¾” wrench
– (2) 6’ ladders
– String line level
– Plumb and bubble level
– 3’ level
– Drill and extension chord
– 1/2 “ masonry drill bit
Municipalities have different regulations and it would be wise to check with your local office for local legislation.
Based on a crew of (3) three men, we estimate 4-6 hours to set the posts in concrete, and approximately 3 hours to erect the upper structure with the top.
Simple hosing of water to remove dust and debris from the top of structure. Our shade fabric is manufactured from high density polyethylene HDPE, which is resistant to dirt and does not retain moisture.
Periodic cleaning with a water hose is recommended. You may also use a weak concentration on non-abrasive PH neutral detergent in warm water with a maximum temperature of 120 degrees. It is important that the detergent you use does not contain any acidic chemicals or solvents, as this might weaken the shade fabric’s resistance to UV radiation.
Due to the Ultra violet additives in the extrusion process the UV stabilization is embedded in the thread which stops the netting from deterioration from UV rays of the sun.
Canvas is made from the natural fiber of cotton, thus has a relationship with the elements. Once dust particles come in contact with canvas the bacteria from the environment attach itself to the netting and creates mildew and mold. HDPE – high density polyethylene does not absorb moisture and therefore the bacteria will not attach to the netting.
Our steel structure uses steel support posts, does not have any footholds or climbing rungs or posts. Our canopies are usually over 10 feet at the lowest point and are far out of reach from the ground. Canopy replacements value is approximately 20% of structure price, so repair costs are low in the event of vandalism.
We are here to serve and support your fundraiser, therefore should there be any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us and we will do our utmost to answer any questions you may have about the fundraiser or the shade structures.